General Conditions for the Storage of Goods (GCSP)
by PANALPINA (hereafter called Panalpina)
Articles 1 - 16
- Article 1 - Basis of the Contract
- Article 2 - Governing Law
- Article 3 - Conclusion of the Storage Contract
- Article 4 - Contents of the Storage Instructions
- Article 5 - Receipt of the Goods
- Article 6 - Storage Receipt
- Article 7 - Right of Disposals
- Article 8 - Customs Handling
- Article 9 - Handling and Inspection of the Goods during Storage
- Article 10 - Storage Charges, Costs and Duties
- Article 11 - Termination of the Contract
- Article 12 - Delay in the Withdrawal of the Goods
- Article 13 - Liability
- Article 14 - Limitations of Liability
- Article 15 - Exclusions
- Article 16 - Forfeiture and Period of Limitation/Set-off
Article 10 - Storage Charges, Costs and Duties
The client shall have to pay the agreed-upon storage charges and to reimburse any costs and duties incurred in connection with the storage.
In case of adjustment in the usual rates and local trade practices after execution of the storage contract, the agreed-upon storage fees will be adjusted accordingly.
In case of denunciation or termination of the storage contract, the storage charges shall be due for the current month, regardless of the date of termination.
Should a client not meet his contract obligations, Panalpina shall be entitled to proceed to a private sale or to cause the goods to be auctioned, 30 days after having sent a demand letter by registered mail. The proceeds of sale exceeding the amount due shall be returned to the debtor.