General Conditions for the Storage of Goods (GCSP)
by PANALPINA (hereafter called Panalpina)
Articles 1 - 16
- Article 1 - Basis of the Contract
- Article 2 - Governing Law
- Article 3 - Conclusion of the Storage Contract
- Article 4 - Contents of the Storage Instructions
- Article 5 - Receipt of the Goods
- Article 6 - Storage Receipt
- Article 7 - Right of Disposals
- Article 8 - Customs Handling
- Article 9 - Handling and Inspection of the Goods during Storage
- Article 10 - Storage Charges, Costs and Duties
- Article 11 - Termination of the Contract
- Article 12 - Delay in the Withdrawal of the Goods
- Article 13 - Liability
- Article 14 - Limitations of Liability
- Article 15 - Exclusions
- Article 16 - Forfeiture and Period of Limitation/Set-off
Article 4 - Contents of the Storage Instructions
The instructions must indicate the following:
a) the place and time chosen for delivery to Panalpina's storage premises.
b) the name of the owner and/or the authorized third party.
c) the name of the carrier, the forwarding agent, etc., if not identical to Panalpina
d) an accurate and detailed description of the goods, including but not limited to:
- the kind and nature of the goods
- the number of packages, pallets, cartons, drums, etc.
- the technical data
- the measurements, weight,
e) any particular or extraordinary nature of the goods and their susceptibility to damage requiring special handling, and any specific instructions.
f) In case of existing insurance coverage, the amount of the value insured shall have to be expressly mentioned in the instructions.
g) duration of storage.