Our understanding of eco-efficient modal shift
- Promotion of combined use of alternative transportation modes
- Optional shifts to the most energy efficient modes of transportation
- Enlarge rail-road and coastal energy efficient services
- Create and offer possibilities to switch from air to ocean
Rail - Air
In 2007 Panalpina introduced an unique transport “GreenAsia” concept connecting China with Europe, Central Asia and Africa (via Middle East) via Urumqi (autonomous region of Xinjiang, West China).
This Rail-Air service will bring cargo originating from the busy industrial areas such as Beijing, Shanghai, and the Pearl River Delta by domestic railway (China Rail Express) to Urumqi.
We route the cargo either via
- our scheduled Own Controlled charters to Europe
- a combination of commercial and ad hoc charters to Central Asia
- Middle East (Dubai) to Africa (African Star)